Introducing Web Accessibility: A Solution Designed with Everyone in Mind
Did you know that currently, an estimated 1.3 billion people across the world experience a significant disability? That's right - the World Health Organization estimates that approximately "16% of the world's population, or 1 in 6 of us" is affected by some form of disability. When thinking specifically of web accessibility compliance, accessibility laws such as ADA and Section 508 aim to promote a standard of disability inclusion that assists website users from all disability backgrounds to be able to interact with the content on websites.
Here at Clym, it is our mission to help make your website as accessible and safe for every one of your website visitors as possible. Our accessibility feature allows your users to select from a range of pre-set profiles, designed to assist with specific disabilities, such as ADHD or Dyslexia, or to make their own content, color, and navigation adjustments to make your website more easily digestible with more accessible web content.
With Accessibility Profiles, users can choose from several pre-set accessibility profiles, which will automatically manage various settings, to provide a customized content accessibility and consequently a pleasant experience for this profile of user.
- Seizure Safe Profile: Clears flashes and reduces the color of the webpage
- Vision Impaired Profile: Enhances the website's visuals
- Color Blind Profile: Enhances the website's color saturation
- ADHD Profile: More focus and fewer distractions by allowing you to focus on a section of the page as you read
- Dyslexia Profile: Enhance's the website's text by using a more dyslexia-friendly font
- Cognitive Disability Profile: Assist's with reading and focusing
With Content Adjustments, users are able to make individual preference changes to the content on the website that you are viewing, such as the text and the images. Clym allows users to make as many setting changes as you'd like, and to reset the settings to default at any time.
- Content Scaling: Increases the size of text and images on the page
- Font Size: Increases the size of the text on the page
- Text Spacing: Increases the amount of space between the text on the page
- Line Spacing: Increases the size of the break between lines of text
- Alignment: Allows you to change the justification of the text on the page
- Readable Font: Changes the font on the page to be more easily readable
- Dyslexia Friendly: Changes the font on the page to be more easily readable for Dyslexia
- Text Magnifier: Allows you to view increased font size when scrolling over a block of text
- Highlight Titles: Creates a box around titles on a page so that they are more easily readable
- Highlight Links: Creates a box around links on a page so that they are more easily readable
- Hide Images: Removes images from a page
- Stop Animations: Prevents animations from running on a page to minimize distractions
- Mute Sounds: Stops sounds from playing on a page to minimize distractions
With Color Adjustments, users are able to make color changes to the content of a webpage so that they are able to view text, images, or other content, more easily.
- Background: Changes the background color of the webpage to more easily view the font
- Content: Changes the color of the font to make it easier to read
- Headings: Changes the color of the header font to make it easier to read
- Black and White: Changes the whole webpage to be black and white
- High Saturation: Increases color saturation on the page
- Low Saturation: Decreases color saturation on the page
- Light Contrast: Increases contrast on the page with lighter colors
- Dark Contrast: Increases contrast on the page with darker colors
- High Contrast: Increases contrast on the page
With Navigation Adjustments, users are able to make setting changes that make it easier to navigate around the webpage you are viewing.
- White Large Cursor: Changes cursor to a large white cursor
- Black Large Cursor: Changes cursor to a large black cursor
- Reading Mask: Allows you to focus on one section of the webpage at a time
- Reading Guide: Allows you to underline a section of text as you read